Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Next Few Weeks


There are a ton of exciting things to look forward to in the weeks coming as well as some challenges. To start with the challenges there is school work as well as an exam every Thursday from now until the end of the semester. But that's more than manageable.

There are many things for me to look forward to. For one, the weather is getting nicer and is putting me in an infinitely better mood. I love the longer days and warmer weather. I feel like I am waking up from a restless dream.

Relay for Life is tomorrow. I am running with the URI College Democrats to support research for cancer prevention. We've raised a good amount of money for the cause and tomorrow night we will be showing our support from 6pm to 6am in a team relay.

On May 1st is Oozeball, one of my favorite events of the year. It's a volleyball tournament played in several inches of mud. So much fun. The picture above is of our Oozeball team last year.

Between those events there is also the Block Party on campus as well as Earth day and a few other small events scattered here and there. Mostly I am looking forward to summer.

I want to spend so much time on the beach and hiking in the forest this summer. I need a good long period of fun after this awful winter. I am looking forward to seeing the friends I haven't had the time to see in so long. I am determined to make this summer the best yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment